Tuesday 19 November 2013

GRANGER in NOTTING HILL


There's a lovely little spot in the lovely London neighbourhood Notting Hill that I'll soon be able to call home! (More about that later but I just couldn't help the remark, I'm so excited!) The lovely little spot is a restaurant / cafe called Granger. Granger is located on Westbourne Grove and is the perfect place for lunch. You can't book so you have to be prepared to wait for a bit. We didn't have to wait long this time though as there was room for us at the bar. 


They had some goodies on display that looked very tempting. 



But instead of those mouthwateringly good-looking cookies Liz and I went for green juices... good as well, honest!



I then had the tastiest soup I've ever had. But now I can't remember what it was... It was definitely bumpkin and maybe coconut milk? I can't remember because it was so good that it made me forget about everything.


I was still hungry so I also had a grilled salmon salad. So healthy and absolutely delicious! I can't wait to go there again. Not only is the food good but it's a very pretty space too. 

Minna x

18 comments:

  1. Sounds great, need to try as we live quite close by! Have you tried 202 at the same street? also simple, lovely brunch food and good atmosphere. they have a queue, but it's worth the wait :) http://www.202london.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check it out.

      Delete
  2. That is an amazing restaurant, the pride of Australia :) I have been there so many times since it opened! Last time I went there Bill Granger himself greeted us and told us we got the table where Cate Blanchett just sat a while ago :) Nice! In my own blog I have been praising Bill Granger and his cook book "Every day". He is definitely one of my favourite chefs! Practical, healthy and tasty! The banana breakfast loaf that is on the brunch menu is worth trying -it is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't recognize Bill Granger! I do want to get his cook book though, sounds like it would go well with clean eating :-)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the upcoming change of scenery. I'm sure you will love it there. Marjo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have no doubts I'll love it there! xx

      Delete
  4. Mitä, muutto taas edessä?
    Jännittävää...

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo joskus käy näin jos on vähän niin kun wannabe property developer, ha. Ei ainakaan käy elämä tylsäks ;-)

      Delete
    2. Piiitkästä aikaa lukemassa, ja mitä täällä tapahtuukaan! Saadaanko taas sisustuskuvia? ;)

      Delete
    3. Yritan nappailla vahan kotikuvia kun saadaan muuttokaaos selvitettya :-)

      Delete
  5. Ihanan näköinen salaatti, täytyy tehdä copycat tänään!
    Jännää, teillä matka alkaa ja sen kun jatkuu... :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee, mieltsin hyvää ja helppoa! Joo watch this space alkaa tulla vähän erinäkösiä Lontoon maisemia pian ;-) xx

      Delete
  6. Oho, Notting hilliin muutto ! Minä jo ajattelin että olet ostanut tuon ravintolan ja alat yrittäjäksi ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, en nyt sentään. Joskin ei huono idea! :-)

      Delete
  7. Ihania uutisia, muutatte siis meidän hoodeille. :-D me muutimme alkusyksystä Notting Hillin puolelle w8 vaihtui w11 postinumeroon. :-) viihdyt varmasti!

    Laura.A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kiva me varmaan törmätään jossain vaiheessa, tuu sanomaan sit moi! ;-) Mä oon ihan varma, että viihdytään. Notting Hill on ihan super cool alue ja meillä siellä aika paljon kavereitakin.

      Delete
  8. Mmmm, everything looks delicious. Great photos.

    www.fabulous-30s.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious... Can't wait to go again!

      Delete