Saturday 16 November 2013

BANOFFEE PIE


Here's the promised recipe for an amazing raw banoffee pie I made the other day. Sorry it's taken a few days. 

I'm constantly trying new recipes and searching for inspiration for my cooking. I found this one from Deliciously Ella, a blog worth checking out.  

This pie is seriously sweet, delicious and easy to make. I made a few little changes to her recipe and I hope you will like it as much as I do.     

You need for the crust:
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • 1/2 cup pecans
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1 tbs almond butter
  • 1 tbs honey
Banana cream:
  • 1 1/2 bananas
  • 1 tbs almond butter
  • splash of coconut milk
Caramel:
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 5 pitted medjool dates
  • 2 tbs coconut oil

Mix the almonds and pecans in a blender for a minute. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to blend until the texture is crumbly and not too fine. Press down to your pie plate and put it in the freezer.

Prepare the banana cream by simply blending all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Pour on top of the crust and place it in the freezer. Let it stay in the freezer at least 30 minutes before adding the caramel. 

Blend the caramel ingredients until it becomes a sticky sauce. Pour on top of the pie. Decorate with banana slices and enjoy this sweet treat.  




Wishing you all a great weekend! 

Heidi x



2 comments:

  1. My husbands favourite desert but I always feel each bite is a million calories

    ReplyDelete
  2. True - but it's so sweet you might not need a big portion ;-)

    ReplyDelete