Monday 4 November 2013

COURGETTE PASTA


I love kale and spinach. I try to add them in everything I do; omelettes, smoothies, soups, stews, sauces, salads and the list goes on. As I've mentioned before I try to versatile my kids diet what comes to greens and this sauce is another great addition.

You need:
  • 1/2 kg ripe tomatoes (I used campari tomatoes)
  • large handful of spinach 
  • diced courgette (approx. 1/2 a courgette)
  • 3-5 cloves of garlic
  • approx. 4-6 table spoons vegetable stock
  • handful of fresh basil
  • 4-6 springs fresh thyme
  • handful of kale
  • pinch of black pepper 
  • pinch of chili flakes
  • pinch of salt

Peel and crush garlic. Fry with chili flakes in few tablespoons of vegetable stock in a frying pan. Blend tomatoes, spinach and basil leaves in a blender until smooth. Leave few basil leaves to add later. Pour in pan. Bring to boil. Add thyme, another few spoonfuls of vegetable stock, pepper and salt.  Boil in low heat until sauce gets thicker. Chop rest of the basil and kale fine, add together with diced courgette. Boil until courgette gets soft. Serve with your choice of pasta. You can also add grilled fish or chicken for extra protein.


 Heidi x

No comments:

Post a Comment