Thursday 17 October 2013

HUMMUS


All time favourite and so easy to make: hummus. It goes with anything and everything: you can spread it on your toast and garnish with herbs, add to your salad, eat with veggie sticks, mix it with your protein (not the shake ;-) or dip it with something crunchy.  


For the plain version I used one can of chick peas, one peeled garlic clove, one big table spoon of tahini, one squeezed lemon, two table spoons of olive oil, salt, paprika, black pepper and a bit of water to make it runny. If it's too thick and dry for your blender try a hand blender.
  

I like to add some flavour and this time I threw in spinach. You can also spice it up with chili.








Heidi x

4 comments:

  1. Hummus is very good for a vegetarian and vegan diet too, as it is rich in protein. Luckily we get chick peas in cans nowdays in Finland too. Years ago I made hummus by using dry chick peas which had to be soaked and cooked first. Chick peas are also used for making falafel balls. I got to know and make them while I was living in Israel over 30 years ago. Heidi, have you tried making falafels? Fresh coriander and parsley from my garden are he best to season falafels balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed - delicious. I have to have mine with pickles. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hummus on niiiin hyvää - ja terveellistä. Hyvä idea laittaa esim. pinaattia joukkoon; kiitos vinkistä!

    ReplyDelete