Monday 3 March 2014

TRAVELLING WITH KIDS


I've become somewhat an expert what comes to travelling with kids. Ideally I would like to travel light but it's not so straight forward anymore when you have to consider the needs of your little ones.

My travel essentials are an iPad, few diapers, wet wipes and these thermos food jars. They are my best discovery. They keep food warm for hours.  I make sure I fill them with something I know my kids like and is easy to eat (read doesn't make a huge mess) e.g. pasta, omelette or risotto. I also take few snacks and treats with me so I can bribe or blackmail them if when needed. A lot of times I get them a kids magazine that usually comes with a little toy from the airport to keep them busy during the take off or landing.

I've had easy flights, total nightmare flights but mostly something in between. I still don't really enjoy flying with my kids especially if I'm on my own but nowadays I'm much more relaxed and think the days when I can actually sit in peace and read a magazine are not so far away.  


7 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi, where can I get these thermos food jars? Xxx, Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from Jojo maman bebe, but you can get them from Amazon and maybe other online stores. Check Foogo thermos food jar. I use them for picnics too and sometimes when we are out and about. Xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks, xxx, Emma

      Delete
  2. These thermos jars are great! I have bought ours from Pottery Barn (kids) and Waitrose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don´t know who old your kids are, but trust me, the time will come when you relax with a magazine. Mine are 7 and 11 niw and they insist sitting next to each other. In (really small) planes I´m on the other side of alley relaxing with a book. This has happened just recently, but I still remember the times they were younger and the idea of travelling light wasn´t possible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Heidi relaxing on a flight is really not far off... When I flew to Finland on my own with the two the other week I read two magazines, ha! First time but a great start. Today I flew back from Dubai with the older one and had a 3-hour nap plus watched a film. Happy days! (But now I must have jinxed it and have a nightmare one waiting for me, ha!) xxx

    ReplyDelete

  5. I have been on long-haul flights with my kids since they were 2 and 4 years old (mostly to Mauritius from Europe) and I have never had one bad flight. The kids are now 20 and 22.

    ReplyDelete