Monday 17 March 2014

MY SISTER'S PATTERNS


I'm back from the Alps but before sharing a post or two more of those sunny mountain pictures let's jump to something totally different for a moment.

If you used to follow my Finnish blog you might remember that one of my sisters has her own pattern design company. It's called Salme Sewing Patterns. She is pretty handy with the sewing machine too. She recently needed to photograph a pattern of hers and asked me to "model" for it. Well here we go. It's not so easy trying to pose seriously for your family member. 


Background of the first picture wasn't the best either so off we go through the mess of our house to find a better one...


That will do although it looks like the dress could have used some ironing and the floor some sweeping! Btw when making this my sister didn't have enough fabric and had to leave it too short. The actual pattern has a longer hem. I'd certainly wear this as a kaftan to the beach or as a daytime dress in the summer. If you're one of those handy with your hands type of girls check out her site. Me, I just about know what a sewing machine looks like...


I have to show you this picture too as it never ceases to make me laugh! We thought maybe the kaftan would look good with a belt, sunglasses and a hat... Errrrmmmmm, no. I'm not sure what I look like... maybe something out of a comical Western film?



Minna x

6 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to sew. Love the material of that dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just don't have the patience to learn anything like that... plus I remember being rubbish at it in school and my teacher even telling me that much!

      Delete
  2. Kaunis mekko ja erittäin kiva kangas!
    t. mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha mulle tulee tosta vikasta kuvasta mieleen joku roolihahmo jostain 80-luvun leffasta. Että ei ehkä ihan stailaus tällä kertaa toiminut, :D :D Mekko on muuten kyllä tosi kiva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, en tiedä mikä siitä tekee niin hassun! Erittäin koominen kuva.

      Delete