Monday 20 January 2014

ROASTED CHICKPEAS

I'm not detoxing this January and actually I don't believe in diets or depriving yourself of anything. That would only have the opposite effect and I would start craving all the things not allowed. I want to eat food that not only tastes good but also makes me feel good and gives me energy all year around. Sugar is not my worst enemy, if I feel like having an odd sweet treat or a bite of chocolate I'll go for it. My weakness has always been all the crispy, crunchy and salty things: crisps, popcorn, nuts, crackers, fries. The more salt the better.  

Kale chips are good at satisfying my cravings. Here's another easy snack when you feel like something crunchy.


You need:

  • approx. 1 cup of boiled chickpeas (or rinsed if you are using from a can)
  • 2 - 3 tbs of coconut oil (or your favourite cooking oil)
  • 3 - 5 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed  
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of turmeric powder
  • pinch of black pepper
  • pinch of dried chili flakes
  • pinch of paprika seasoning    

Preheat your oven to 400F / 205C degrees. Put the chickpeas on an ovenproof dish with coconut oil, crushed garlic and spices. Mix it all up, remove the extra skin that peels off from some and spread the chickpeas evenly. Bake for about 30 - 40 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Add salt if needed.  

     
Heidi x

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, yummy! :)

    http://lifetastesgood-nanne.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Näin vastaavan ohjeen jossain lehdessä ja jo silloin ajattelin, että näitä on kokeiltava. No se jäi, mutta nyt käyn tuumasta toimeen! Noiden on pakko olla hyviä! :)

    ReplyDelete