Tuesday 3 December 2013

PRINCESS DIANA MEMORIAL PLAYGROUND


We've settled into our new neighbourhood well. Very well in fact. I absolutely love it. Kids don't mind it either especially as a playground that has got to be one of London's best (if not the best) is now within a walking distance. If ever visiting London with kids the Princess Diana Memorial Playground is worth checking out. It's located next to what used to be Princess Diana's home in the beautiful Kensington Gardens. The gate is always locked, you ring a buzzer to get it opened for you so it's nice and secure too. 





I can often be seen in my pilates gear hours after my class. Oops.






The squirrels in London parks are seriously tame and friendly. Sometimes so much that you have to shoo them away from trying to climb up your buggy!





My Christmas shopping madness has started. I call it madness because it always feels like it. This is not even late for me, normally I leave to the very last minute but I still feel stressed and worry that I can't come up with a good gift idea for someone. Or that I forget about someone! I'm going to try and do most of it online so I can browse in peace without the crowds. I'm going to dedicate this evening for it.

Next year I'll do my Christmas shopping in September! Yeah right, that will just never happen... :-)


Minna x

19 comments:

  1. Just read about this playground in a Finnish magazine called Seura. The article told about Kate, William and little George. There was a map showing the ways and spots of a Royal Family with the child. It was said on the article that you are not allowed to enter the Princess Diana Memorial Playground unless accompanied with a child. Sounds safe and secure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Yes I think it's a great idea that they check that you're actually with a child before letting you in.

      Delete
  2. I ALWAYS say that I'll start shopping in September and yet, I never do. Grrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too but there's always next year, he he!

      Delete
  3. Must wat about Pilates :): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWkxhtfw0A8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was great and very educational! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I started my Christmas shopping at Easter at the local Tesco while I was in Prague for a long week-end. I continued it at summer in Paris and in sales in Finland. And now it is done. Christmas cards are made as well, will be posted next week. This is what I always do. There is no panic and stress before Christmas. I can just sit down, relax and enjoy after a busy day at work at school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG... At Easter?? I need to take a leaf out of your book. Hats off to you.

      Delete
  5. X-mas madness ! Tell me about it ! Meidän jouluviikko !! Menee punaisten ( tai sitten muun väristen ) Muuttolaatikoiden keskellä , jeeeeeee ! Not ! Ei tarvitse tänä jouluna tehdä mitään eikä valmistella... :-/ onneksi vauva ei vielä ymmärrä joulusta mitään, ensi vuonna sitten "uudessa" kodissa. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ai, onnea muuttoon! Ja oikeassa olet, ei teidän tytön ikäisenä vielä joulusta ymmärrä... kunhan saa itse muutaman kuvan perhekansioon niin voi sitten vanhempana näyttää :-)

      Delete
    2. :-D Laitetaan tyttö muuttolaatikkoon ja otetaan kuva, kiva joulumuisto. ;-)))

      Delete
    3. Ainakin pääsee uuden vuoden korkkaamaan just valmistuuneessa asunnossa, ihanaa !

      Delete
  6. Great park. I am the same have started my shopping this week but I do feel a little behind when people are showing their parcels all wrapped and under the tree. I may not enjoy the stress of shopping but I simply hate parceling the presents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely hate wrapping too but guess what I've just wrapped everything I had bought so far... which is not that much but I feel so organised for doing that and not leaving till last minute, ha!

      Delete
  7. Moi!
    Olen pari kertaa ihastellut aidan raosta tuota Dianan muistopuistoa (vai miten sen nyt suomentaisi), mutta tiedätkö, onko sinne jokin ikäraja? Olen keväällä tulossa Lontooseen eskari-ikäisen kanssa, ja mietin, että onko kuusivuotias sinne jo liian vanha vai pitääkö ottaa pikkusisko mukaan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ei mun tietääkseni ole ikärajaa, ei 6-vuotias varmasti ole liian vanha. Kannattaa mennä päivällä kun kolmen jälkeen Lontoon leikkipuistoihin ryntää koululaisia.

      Delete
  8. I think the age limit was 8 years, according to the article on Magazine Seura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikäraja on 12 vuotta: http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/kensington_gardens/diana_playground.cfm

      Delete
  9. About wrapping parcels; that is something I always admired when I was living in GB a long, long time ago. People there make really nice looking parcels by using a lot of decorations. That is something to us in Finland to learn about!

    ReplyDelete