Tuesday 17 December 2013

HOT CHOCOLATE


This velvety chocolate drink is a great substitute for the real deal. It's so creamy and delicious. Now is the season to serve it hot but it's equally yummy enjoyed cold.


You need: 
  • 1 large cup of coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
  • handful of cashew nuts
Optional:
  • 1-2 pitted dates 
  • pinch of cacao nibs on top

Put coconut milk, cacao powder and cashew nuts in a blender and blend until smooth. If you have a powerful blender you can heat up your drink by blending it longer, for about 5 minutes or you can just use warmed milk. Sprinkle with few cacao nibs on top. 

I like mine a little bitter. If you prefer yours slightly sweeter throw 1-2 pitted dates in the blender.        




Heidi x



4 comments:

  1. This would be so good, sadly my blender is not up to crunching the nuts :( Heidi your recipes are lovely I'm just waiting for the right one to try them out, I will for sure make the raw banoffee pie at some point! xx Elli

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are planning to get a new blender my advice is to invest on a Vitamix. And I mean invest as they are triple the price of a normal one, but worth every penny in the long term. I'm a heavy user as you can see from all the recipes!

    Also planning to post more recipes that don't require blending ;-) Thnx for your comment xx

    ReplyDelete