Tuesday 13 May 2014

CIPRIANI, LONDON


I did a post about a New York Cipriani last week so I thought I would also invite you to join on our London Cipriani lunch over the weekend. We had a huge table of seven adults and eight children. They were clever enough to section us off in our own little corner! And I don't mean that because of the children, I mean because of us adults.


The children happened to be impeccably behaved that day. Including these two youngest ones. Future Mr and Mrs!


The older children had their own end of the table.


Then let me tell you about the food. We shared a bunch of starters again. Here is one of my favourites, Vitello Tonnato. I'd see it on different restaurant menus without knowing what it was but some friends have introduced me to it and it's very tasty. Veal carpaccio covered in creamy tuna sauce. Might sound odd to those who haven't tasted it but let me tell you the combination is delicious.


This is Cipriani's beef tartar. For me it's the best kind. Super soft and fine in its texture. 


As my main course I had sole with cherry tomatoes and olives. This is not a dish on the menu, I took the garnish out of one and the fish out of another.


My other half's veal chop. Remember when I told you how good it is in New York Cipriani? It's also one of the signature dishes in the London one. On my books the New York chop wins though... sorry London. Only by a teeny weeny bit, it's still delicious here too!


This is how much fun we had!


And this is what the main dining room looks like. It wasn't empty that day by the way, we were just the last ones to leave. As always!


A fun, London lunch with friends. As always!



Minna x

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm.. Herrrkullisen näköistä. Maha sanoo, murr. Mitä on sole?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joku jo vastasikin alla... eli meriantura. Mulla ei ole eri kalojen suomenkieliset nimet edes tiedossa kun jostain syysta en nuorempana kun viela asuin Suomessa juurikaan syonyt kalaa. Mutta siis hyvaa on :-)

      Delete
  2. Sole on merianturaa...

    Minna, kiva postaus. Yx kuva jai puuttumaan, nimittain sun asu! Outfit-kuvat on niin kivoja ja tykkaan sun pukeutumistyylista. Kiitos muuten muutaman kuukauden takaisesta Donna Ida -vinkista; kavin ostamassa sielta kolmet farkut. Myyja jaksoi karsivallisesti kantaa mallin toisensa jalkeen sovituskoppiin. Hyva kauppa ja loistava palvelu! Toivottavasti jatkat blogin pitoa Lontoosta muuton jalkeenkin. Terveisin Balenciaga citybag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sori ma oon ollut vahan saamaton asukuvien kanssa viime aikoina... aion petrata siina nyt kun asetun Ranskaan. Siella kay sen verran vieraitakin, etta kuvaajiakin riittaa :-)

      Kiva kuulla, etta Donna Ida oli hyva kokemus! Mulla on myos tosi hyvia kokemuksia heidan asiakaspalvelusta.

      Varmasti jatkan blogin pitoa :-)

      Delete