Monday 30 September 2013

HELIOCARE



A quick beauty post, quite relevant to beach holidays. Have you ever heard of a sun cream brand Heliocare? I hadn't until a Dermatologist recommended it to me and now I want to recommend it to you guys as it's brilliant. I started wearing an SPF under my daily moisturiser about five years ago. I guess 30 is the age when you start noticing the first signs of ageing and realising that your skin is not invincible after all! What a shock! :-) In those five years I've tried many different sun creams that are meant for face and neck. Most of them are way too heavy and leave your face looking ghost white. Some are too greasy. Heliocare smells lovely, is light and non-greasy, doesn't leave a white layer on your face and at least for my skin is enough on its own to moisturise as well. I use it every single day of the year whether it's winter or summer or whether I'm in Finland or Barbados. If only I had started wearing an SPF every day when I was 20! If you're in your twenties and reading this start now and you'll thank me when you're older ;-) The Heliocare cream I use is the SPF 50 gel. Even though it's called a gel the consistency is more like a light cream. In London I buy Heliocare at a pharmacy on Wigmore Street but you can order it from Amazon too.

Minna x

12 comments:

  1. Hyvä vinkki! On vaikea löytää kasvoille sopivia aurinkovoiteita, jotka eivät tuki ihohuokosia tai jätä epämiellyttävää "kelmua" naamalle. Minäkin olen jo kokeillut kaikki maan ja taivaan väliltä. Taidankin käväistä Wigmore Streetillä viikonloppuna, kun olen siellä päin! Kuullaan! -Marjo-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niin on tosi vaikeaa... Mä luulin jo, ettei hyvää sellasta ookaan, mutta onneksi törmäsin tähän. Eli käväse ihmeessä. Kuullaan ennen viikonloppua! :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow - thanks for the tip-off and where were you when I was 20 and needed this advice!!! Haha - my skin is quite badly aged from sun damage in my 20's but interestingly, I've not aged much in my 30's thanks to looking after it so it does help if you start even when you're a bit older. Lovely post and thank you for all your great comments on my blog - it's been great to find your blog. Off now for more of a read! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wish someone had told me to do it when I was 20!! Not that I would have listened, ha! That's good to hear about your skin... maybe I have some hope then. Thank you for revisiting! xx

      Delete
  3. Hyvä vinkki. Minä ostin Suomen apteekista Eucerin 50+ Sun Fluid, mattifying, kasvoille tarkoitettu. Nyt aion testata tätä jospa ei olisi niin rasvainen... Ei ole kiva jos naama kiiltelee joka päivä. Jos tuo ei toimi niin sitten testaan sinun mainitsemasi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normi Eucerin on ainakin aika rasvasta, mutta toivottavasti se SPF ei ole. Jos ei toimi, niin suosittelen tätä todella! :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Minna I was wondering if you could recommend your dermatologist to me. I have problematic skin and have been looking to find a good dermatologist in London for sometime now. Also do you have regular facials? You have great skin.
    Thank you
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! Well I've just started a course of IPL to try and get rid of sun damage (pigmentation) and I'm going to EF Medispa on the King's Road. They came recommended and I'm happy to recommend further. I used to have regular facials but haven't in the last six months due to just not getting round to it. I just make sure that I do my skin care routine at home religiously. And thank you but I don't actually have great skin... I have quite an uneven skin tone so I can't live without foundation! :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you x

      Delete
  5. sun damage is a now regular process which removes hair from a persons body using a laser, laser skill is able to break the hair growth cycle by targeting and killing the sun damage in Houston.Visit for more details.

    ReplyDelete